
So today was spent at the new place from 10 am till about 5 pm awaiting various deliveries. The official run down went like this :
- K's hikkoshi center - Ms Hara 0120-1234-47 - approximately 3pm - delivering 3-5 boxes and 2 suitcases
- Muji - between 12-6pm - delivering furniture (not a large delivery)
- CPC Kenkyusho - approximately 12pm - delivering exercise machine
- IDC Otsuka Kagu - between 12-2pm - delivering 1 x coffee table
- Bic Camera - between 12-2pm - small delivery of electrical appliances
Plus the real estate agent, gas man, cable man, and internet man. Only in Tokyo ! or maybe all of Japan, I dont know... could you arrange to have everyone come on the day and time that is most convenient to you, and they do ! Really, I think we should all pause for a moment and consider the enormity of it. Anyway, above is our empty-ish flat, looking rather Japanese, with little but our new coffee table. ( This illusion will be shattered when 51 boxes of je ne sais quoi, and a couple of shredded sofas, arrive from London by sea in a few weeks ) You can see the top of the Tokyo tower right in the middle there. Though the internet man did show up today, like he said he would, we may not be connected for another week or so. I will try and keep the blog going in that time ( assuming there are still a few of you out there ? ) - internet cafes abound, but I may not be as consistant as I would like to be.
1 comment:
stop torturing us folks living in london with tales of tokyo efficiency!
Post a Comment