I have not been a very good tourist lately having grown to comfortable in our cozy hood. So yesterday I decided to push the proverbial boat out a bit and check out a few museums and gardens. Kiyosumi Gardens according to the brochure is " A trees and pond garden perfect for strolling the reminiscent of the days of Edo. Walking around the pond amid artistically beautiful and famous stones collected from all over Japan one can see the faces of the four seasons." Having been alerted to the fact that the stones were famous I paid them more attention then perhaps I normally would. I have always really liked Japanese gardens but walking around admiring boulders something just clicked, I think I may have taken Japanese garden appreciation to the next level.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Kiyosumi Gardens
I have not been a very good tourist lately having grown to comfortable in our cozy hood. So yesterday I decided to push the proverbial boat out a bit and check out a few museums and gardens. Kiyosumi Gardens according to the brochure is " A trees and pond garden perfect for strolling the reminiscent of the days of Edo. Walking around the pond amid artistically beautiful and famous stones collected from all over Japan one can see the faces of the four seasons." Having been alerted to the fact that the stones were famous I paid them more attention then perhaps I normally would. I have always really liked Japanese gardens but walking around admiring boulders something just clicked, I think I may have taken Japanese garden appreciation to the next level.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment