Thursday, April 06, 2006

I study, therefore I am

sushi self or many rivers to cross

I read today that when out for a meal with a Japanese host one should leave a little something uneaten or your host will feel obliged to order more. (this was a fairly unreliable source by the way) I think this same principle may apply to homework as well. On Monday my teacher threw down the homework gauntlet, convinced this was penance for my antics the previous Saturday, a test of my moral character, I studied with feverish dedication. Now the ante has been upped signifigantly. I have been given 36 new adjectives, 2 adjectives conjugations (yes, Japanese conjugate thier adjectives) and 45 new verbs. This is in addition to the 61 new hirigana characters I was given (and learned! more or less) Monday. And then, at the end of class they said they had time available for a class tomorrow and I of course said, OK. They also said they want to plan a school bowling outing in May, so maybe they are not actually trying to break me.

No comments: