Tuesday, June 13, 2006

samuri showdown

or take the skinheads bowling

Saturday my Japanese school had a bowling party. You may remember a few months ago Owain and I disgraced our selves at the school Hanami party and more or less forced certain people to bowl till 2 am. Well it turns out they may actually have liked it, cause Saturday marked the first annual bowling party. We played in various teams for various prizes, and somehow, O ended up winning. Given first pick, did my husband chose the bottle of sake, the snow cone maker, or at very least the battery operated back massager ? No. He chose the rubber samuri cap, which he thought was a rubber sumo cap. Now I suppose, some might have seen this as a gracious and humble act, passing up the pen holder with a built in tape recorder. But I know better. I could see it in his eyes, Owain really, really wanted that samuri head and would do what ever it took to get it.

1 comment:

amcam said...

truly super sam