O and I went out to Ueno park yesterday, deciding we really had to give Shinjuku Gyoen a rest. We stopped off first at a Korean restaurant Lauren and I found when she was visiting last June. And had great steaming bowls of Bipimbob. At least that's what I call it. Heaps of rice and veg served with raw egg and meat in a seriously sizzling hot stone bowl. The bowl is so hot by the time you stir everything up the egg and meat are fully cooked. O loves it, cause its the only 'fried rice' I sanction. It usually comes with soup and salad, and delicious Korean tea, and is perfect on a cold winter day. Feeling all warm and full we headed out to the park and ended up at the zoo.


Where I saw my first ever Giant panda up close. It was feeding time so the panda was inside for some bamboo, which went ignored in favour of the sugar cane. The classic 'panda munching on something' pose was a crowd pleaser. But in my mind it all made for some pretty sad panda viewing. I will resist the soap box, since I imagine everyone would have pretty much felt the same. Surprisingly, as I usually like things with furry ears over birds, I have to say the cranes were pretty remarkable. It would be very very cool to see some in a wilder setting this winter.

1 comment:
hehehe. no comment. just kidding! it's called dolsot bibimbab when you have it in the stone bowl if you want to really impress the waitress next time. "bibim" basically means it's all mashed and mixed together and "bap" is rice. delish!
i'm impressed with owain's fancy chopstick technique. is there anything the man doesn't do right?
Post a Comment