



So its been ages, but we got out of town this weekend, and went down to Shimoda. This was our third visit there, and we have found so many beautiful spots compared to our first vaguely lackluster trip back in July. I had heard about a Peninsula walk covered in Narcissus this time of year and was determined to check it out. O somewhat patiently followed me on a overheated bus up a winding road, though I know he didnt really get the appeal. And actually the one flower covered hill smelled mighty nice but was a bit disappointing. However, there was an excellent little shack by the shore, serving up fresh seafood. Steaming bowls of mystery fish are normally not my thing, but this must have been super fresh cause it really was surprisingly delicious. With full bellies we wandered pretty slowly along the coast out to a light house. Speaking of full bellies, some of you may have noticed that I have not posted a picture of myself in sometime. The even more observant may have noticed the lack of drunken escapades for the past few months. Yup, I'm pregnant. About 5 months now. There have been some funny moments trying to navigate the unknowns of pregnancy in a foreign land - maybe I'll go back and share some of the more classic misadventures. If not, I reckon there are still plenty more to come.
2 comments:
wow, you're showing a little!
thanks for the over half way there photo!
i simply cannot figure out what season that country is in.
Post a Comment