She found her thumb ! It would seem I learnt nothing from the many years and tricks devoted to trying to get me to stop sucking my thumb as a wee one, because I have to tell you this is good news. Very good news. That tiny little thumb has been tucked tight inside her fist her whole life, but somehow she found it and at this very moment she is sucking away with startling determination. Though she hasn't quite mastered what to do with the rest of her hand she is, as the books would say, 'self soothing'. It is not just that tiny thumb that has been, at least momentarily, liberated.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Eureka !
She found her thumb ! It would seem I learnt nothing from the many years and tricks devoted to trying to get me to stop sucking my thumb as a wee one, because I have to tell you this is good news. Very good news. That tiny little thumb has been tucked tight inside her fist her whole life, but somehow she found it and at this very moment she is sucking away with startling determination. Though she hasn't quite mastered what to do with the rest of her hand she is, as the books would say, 'self soothing'. It is not just that tiny thumb that has been, at least momentarily, liberated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
looks like she might be a leftie!
oooooo. and it looks like, with her right hand, she might choose to rub a wee spot on her head like her marvelously self soothing mama.
hooray for all of this good news!
self soothing seems like a very good innate ability to have, and yet again at such an early age...
it's adorable. imagine being at an age where you are discovering something as simple and amazing as your own thumb. marvelous.
this means you get more peace?
It isn't amazing how perfect her little nose is? I was looking at the picture below.
signed,
still in awe...
(because I can't hear the wailing.)
Post a Comment