Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Fitow fallout

Nikko was in the path of a Typhoon Friday - so a weekend hiking trip with delicate offspring seemed ill advised. Actually Tokyo was in the path of the same Typhoon but being encased in concrete suffered less. Unless you want to count the tragic loss of my bougainvillea. And I do. I used to tell O, I want to live somewhere I can grow bougainvillea. I am sure this means absolutely nothing to a boy, much less a British boy. Anyway here we are in Tokyo, with little pots on our balcony, that sprout a few flowers and many spiky thorns for half the year, till they go in a corner I call death row. One plant made a particularly heroic comeback from death row only to be felled Friday by Typhoon Fitow before I could document it. Palm Trees. Maybe I should have said I want to live somewhere with Palm Trees. In the meantime here is Marlena hanging out in the flat yet again.

1 comment:

amcam said...

baby doll baby I am looking forward to seeing you in a month.