Wednesday, April 30, 2008

jamming at the jidokan


Getting down in the music room at the National Kodomo-no Shiro or Children's Castle the mother of all Jidokans. Yesterday was Marlena's 11-monthaversary and we did not even realize it. Good thing we took her to the children's castle. Which does not look any thing like a castle but is 5 floors of various kinds of playrooms for various ages. I think we were more overwhelmed then she was. Eleven months, how can this be ? She will be a one year old in one months time and the months go fast around here. I suppose now would be a good time to pause and reflect on all that has happened over the past year, but Marlena who is at this moment smearing a little yam stick into the curtain is not very conducive to reflection. I guess the only time I come close is in the evening after I put her down to sleep for the night and I do my rounds through the flat, wiping yams off the curtains, spinach off the walls, putting toys back in their place and picking up little shoes and jackets. I kind of have an idea but I can not quite articulate why, it is such a surreal moment for me, even nearly one year on.

No comments: