Friday, November 14, 2008

a venture towards a post

cute grammy

cute family
exhausted mama with a cold

I hate getting behind in my posts, but behind I am. Grammy A arrived for a visit last week and we have been keeping busy. Over the weekend we traveled down to the famed and freezing Mount Koya. Where we stayed in a Zen temple, ( the only lodging in town ) attending morning and evening services, and freezing ! ( note Grammy eating her vegetarian breakfast in a parka ) The town, accessed by train, then cable car, then bus basically consists of 100's of temples and a few critical noodle and warm woolly thing shops. Both the temple we stayed in and the town's main attractions ( I will have to go look up the names ) where so beautiful and atmospheric it will truly be a struggle to try and paint the scene for you. I knew at the time photos could not capture the mystery of the place - at all. I may have resort to fancy slide show with evocative music.

1 comment:

mel said...

Yes, yes, please do try. I would love to see it. Wow, the fall colors are amazing - and all your smiles are a welcome sight after weeks of not recognizing anyone in Illinois. I miss you!