Tuesday, July 13, 2010

bird park

fried rice





G's first penguins (V was asleep)

We went to the exceptionally well presented Jurong Bird Park on the Western side of Singapore Sunday. I was expecting it to look different out that way, but its still all very developed. Huge housing development blocks surrounded big 4 /8 lane roads. If anything our older more established area, feels greener. At least that was the impression from the big roads. We has an excellent Chinese lunch at a fairly random place along one of these roads . It was so good, definitely one of our best. Even gave G & V a taste of fried rice and steamed fish. Then on to the bird park - apparently the worlds largest. The crazy prehistoric birds there made our local horn bill look like a chickadee. As nice as any zoo I have been to only without the pressure to find the big cats.

headed to the west coast

5 comments:

mel said...

More, more, more! I love glimpses into your life. And now I want fried rice.

Unknown said...

Wow, the babies are growing so! they are lovely, and lovely to behold. They will appreciate these photos of flora and fauna from "when we were one" when they are 51, I'm sure.

Lauren

(not Ariel, she just set up the google account with a password I can remember)

Unknown said...

it is lovely to see photos of clean pelicans, too
Lauren

Lolo said...

so happy to see these growing birds!

amcam said...

That aquarium picture is great.
I enjoyed the vicarious trip west...i am with mel...more more. And also must say wee vee looks pretty and PLUMP!