Monday, October 04, 2010

Little India





We went to Little India Friday night for dinner. I have really been wanting to step out of the comfy expat (baby) bubble we live in and see another side of town. Little India, which is not so little, did not just feel like another side of town but a whole different world. So much so that while I love the atmosphere, I felt a bit intimidated to pull out my camera. Perhaps the woman are out in the markets & stalls in the morning, but there were very few to be seen on a Friday night. We walked down the main drag of old shophouses crammed with shops selling vegetables, spices and cheap clothes & electronics. While soaking up first impressions we found a good place for dinner, the food was good, very good, but I am afraid the state of the toilet might leave a more lasting impression... Still as with most of our forays, I hope to return and learn a bit more.

2 comments:

mel said...

I was wondering when you'd get there. Did you eat on a banana leaf? I have some beautiful saris from there... I still like to wear one of the tops with jeans. And um, yeah, the toilet is not one you'd like to use EVER - same way in Penang, Malaysia, FYI.

amcam said...

hmmm lets take a morning trip.
that last photo is so sharp and the light had to be pretty dim yes?