
While Auntie K was here we went for satay at a hawker center. It was good (no weird chewy bits - and I am very sensitive to weird chewy bits) and CHEAP. Maybe 30 Singapore dollars for all the beef, chicken and shrimp skewers we could eat. We sat outside on folding chairs at a plastic table in the drifting smoke with pitchers of vaguely cold beer. Divine. No I did not get out of my folding chair to take these pictures.
2 comments:
I, too, am unabashedly sensitive to weird chewy bits in my meat... so much so that I usually do not partake in such things. Yea for you for being brave and getting so much atmosphere in your photos... love the smoke and average people doing amazing things.
LOVE Satay. Had great ones in HK. So much better than US. I miss it already!
Post a Comment