Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bali

temple


rice paddies

beach manicure



massive deck ! and naked babies in playpens
Ms thinking her chair is just not dangerous enough
sandy smile

We took a short unexpected trip to Bali which is a 2&1/2 hour flight from Singapore. We mainly stayed at the beach though we did have one day trip to Ubud for some temple and rice fields viewing. It took G & V awhile to get used to the sand, and they would not go anywhere near the waves, but every body loved banana pancakes for breakfast. The area we stayed in had a sleepy flip flop feel with lots of relaxed but good open air restaurants looking out over the beach. O & I managed a few adult nights out which was great. It took me awhile to get used to the idea that there was little to none of the Bali I remembered from 93. I wasn't expecting it to be the same, I knew it had changed but was a little shocked just how much. Still I am already missing those beach front cafes. M of course is a well traveled young thing, but it is kind of thrilling to see G & V out in new environments. Exciting ones at that ! We have quite a safe and snug little routine at home and it is probably good for all of us when I am forced to loosen my grip a bit and let them get on with getting grubby.

No comments: