Tuesday, October 04, 2011

party by day / dine by nite





We went to a birthday party friday and V was happily initiated into the Singapore Birthday Party Face (in her case arm ) Painting scene. When we got home even more exciting O had returned from a several day business trip to Malaysia and was instantly mobbed for requests to read.


Even though he was very tired and I had an icky cold we had a $250 voucher for a upscale Italian restaurant in an old shop house district on the outskirts of Chinatown, and it expired in October. So it being September 3oth we donned our finery and headed out. It was a treat to go some place nice, we rarely do, but man was the food disappointing. I actually stopped eating (something I rarely have the presence of mind to do ) because I just thought, why ? why am I eating this ? It was that bad. But still as we were not paying for it ! it was a pleasant evening and a pleasant change of scenery. We wandered Chinatown a bit after dinner and stopped for frosty cold beers on a street full food stalls. I love a fancy restaurant, but it is possible I love the plastic tables/ lantern combination more.

date nite fancy eats

fancy smokes

street smokes


O (far right) brings beer

maybe more our to taste
my handsome date
is still tired


2 comments:

mel said...

I know the fancy dinner used to be fun, but now just getting out. of. the. house. alone. is such a novelty. We almost don't care where we go as long as we aren't in tow. Hope O got some sleep and you freed yourself of the cold.

Krista Kim said...

I really miss your kids.