Saturday, March 24, 2012

wild


where the birds at ?

pink binocs

meltdown

monitor

bird !

spider ! from the botanics but there were loads like this at the reserve

Sorry for the lengthy absence. Kids are on school holiday & various illnesses are making the rounds at our house. So will just post some pictures of the wet land reserve from an outing the day after the theater. We stayed all day which was fun - it felt quite adventurous, indeed perhaps to adventurous. In the photo of the monitor lizard there is nothing for scale, cause those shells were huge too. But that is a mangrove tree, so I'd say it was about 4.5 feet. We saw so many monitors that day. 20-30 I don't know we were pretty blase. But at the end of the day on the way back there was an angry beast on the path, and the first thing I said was Komodo ? cause its scales were different and it was twice the size of this one pictured and it was ANGRY. Thrashing its tail and puffing its neck. I did not take a picture, tired and thirsty as we were we had to retreat, it was not safe to pass him. Honestly, at the time it seemed a stupid thing to say, but in hindsight I actually think we saw a Komodo, (released by idiots ?) and sadly there ends my love affair with the wetland reserves.

No comments: