Monday, September 17, 2012

urban spore

starting off near Raffles Place (near O's work -not the hotel)
the back entrance of the National Museum of Singapore
leads to this back entrance.

a little xenophobia on display at the museums exhibit on post war Singapore.

Sophia Road enticed me off course to Mount Sophia, which has some cool old art deco buildings - but no access back to my route and it was getting late


rushing through the Scotts road underpass to meet the twins school bus in time

Look no kids ! Unfettered from the double buggy, I caught a taxi to the other side of town last week and walked home taking a few hours along the way. A simple craving that has been alluding me for about 2 years now. Map in hand, I went along the river, up over Fort Canning and down directly on top of the National Museum of Singapore. The first two kind of familiar territory, the later new to me.  I love the lush and green bits of Singapore and have been pretty good about seeking new places out with O on the weekends, but there are also many, many different elements to the city I have not yet explored. And, I am aware have completely failed to portray here. For example Singapore is way hipper then I know. After my first 3 hour kid free jaunt through the other side of town, still don't have my finger on that pulse. Still, thought I'd offer up a few alternatives to my one-sided park shots. Quite a few neighborhoods on my list to check out.

3 comments:

e.a.m. said...

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your excursions. xo. a.

The Zoos said...

Those few precious hours alone is amazingly refreshing. And I love that you took your time to explore the city. I wish I can slow down and not worry about all the "stuff" on my list of things to do. Enjoy!!

amcam said...

MORE PICS PLEASE>