We now have broad band ! Well actually it is ethernet. I have been using a dail up service the past week, which probably seems like no great hardship, but it is unbelievably slow, and has had farther reaching repercussions then one might expect. A more obvious consequence I would vainly like to point out being the interruption of my blogvibe. Anyway, the telephone man showed up at about 6:30 pm after I had been waiting most the day, and proceeded to be more destructive then Wayland and Decibel on a bad night. He then called a friend who called another friend and they did something I know not what in every room of the apartment till about 8:30. At which point there was a lot of bowing, and they gave me a number to call in the morning. And I had thought all they were gonna do is flip a switch in the basement. Anyway, the phone call in the morning wasnt too bad, and I had the world wide web, and all its infinate possibilities available to me by midday. This momentous occasion also coincided with my first proper Japanese class. I am taking private classes twice a week. this is the room where I have my lessons, and those are my two teachers. They trade off every other lesson, which seems quite clever, so you can hear the male and female speech style. The class is taught using a computor program, with pictures of situations, sometimes Kanji one of three types of Japanese script ( there is so much to learn ) and time trails ! When you complete something the computor erupts with a roar of applause, which makes me beam like a school kid with a blue ribbon. That said, at the moment it is very, very hard. I really want to learn this language. I just hope my ablity matches my determination, cause it is so frustrating when that is not the case.
Wednesday, March 15, 2006
Oh Happy Day
We now have broad band ! Well actually it is ethernet. I have been using a dail up service the past week, which probably seems like no great hardship, but it is unbelievably slow, and has had farther reaching repercussions then one might expect. A more obvious consequence I would vainly like to point out being the interruption of my blogvibe. Anyway, the telephone man showed up at about 6:30 pm after I had been waiting most the day, and proceeded to be more destructive then Wayland and Decibel on a bad night. He then called a friend who called another friend and they did something I know not what in every room of the apartment till about 8:30. At which point there was a lot of bowing, and they gave me a number to call in the morning. And I had thought all they were gonna do is flip a switch in the basement. Anyway, the phone call in the morning wasnt too bad, and I had the world wide web, and all its infinate possibilities available to me by midday. This momentous occasion also coincided with my first proper Japanese class. I am taking private classes twice a week. this is the room where I have my lessons, and those are my two teachers. They trade off every other lesson, which seems quite clever, so you can hear the male and female speech style. The class is taught using a computor program, with pictures of situations, sometimes Kanji one of three types of Japanese script ( there is so much to learn ) and time trails ! When you complete something the computor erupts with a roar of applause, which makes me beam like a school kid with a blue ribbon. That said, at the moment it is very, very hard. I really want to learn this language. I just hope my ablity matches my determination, cause it is so frustrating when that is not the case.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
where is the room and the teachers? this picture is soooooooooooo funny as is your commentary. thank you.
how do i link you to me? or will you do it.
i think the problem has been solved by NEVER signing out. Love, mama
Post a Comment