Wednesday, July 26, 2006

hot time


There has been one constant in these parts of late, and that is rain. With a few exceptions it has been raining for over a month now. The last two weeks, just wouldnt let up (actually there has been flooding, mudslides and typhoons in not so southern Japan) But the clouds seemed to lift a bit last nite and behold today the skies are blue, the sun is shining and just like that, I think the rainy season is over. I went over to Arisagawa park with the intention of studying but instead ended up sitting on the bridge to watch kids fish and chase tadpoles with thier grandfathers. (there wasnt a grandmother in sight) For me it is another one of those funny Tokyo anonomolies to see these sweet summer scenes in the midst of such dense urbanity, as is I guess the (bilingual) sign by the side of the pond warning that the carp are suffering from carp herpes.

2 comments:

amcam said...

carp herpes?! i wonder what the pondside person is supposed to do with this information.

persimmongirl said...

happy birthday!!!! (belated?!)
xoxo