For the last few days, just in our neighborhood, I noticed many people have hung twine, decorated with pieces of white paper just out side of thier gates or doors. Each string is hung from a wooden crossbar topped with a small piece of bamboo. Today we ventured out to find people have hung a lantern from the cross bar and placed paper flowers inside the bamboo. I think something is coming ! O helped a woman on our street hang her lantern, when she couldnt reach high enough, so hopefully we will benefit from whatever it is as well. Every few blocks or so we came across what I will call a portable shrine and men in short 'happy coats' lounging about in a temporary tent - drinking sake and beer. Which could be added penance if they plan to carry the shrines through the streets tomorrow, and I am guessing they do. Down at the childrens play park, which has also been decorated with lanterns, a small shrine was already on the move, making a quick circuit past the swings.
Saturday, September 16, 2006
somethings going on
For the last few days, just in our neighborhood, I noticed many people have hung twine, decorated with pieces of white paper just out side of thier gates or doors. Each string is hung from a wooden crossbar topped with a small piece of bamboo. Today we ventured out to find people have hung a lantern from the cross bar and placed paper flowers inside the bamboo. I think something is coming ! O helped a woman on our street hang her lantern, when she couldnt reach high enough, so hopefully we will benefit from whatever it is as well. Every few blocks or so we came across what I will call a portable shrine and men in short 'happy coats' lounging about in a temporary tent - drinking sake and beer. Which could be added penance if they plan to carry the shrines through the streets tomorrow, and I am guessing they do. Down at the childrens play park, which has also been decorated with lanterns, a small shrine was already on the move, making a quick circuit past the swings.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment