Tuesday, February 27, 2007
all hail the rusted door
We have been immersed in learning about the business of birthing babies in Japan all weekend. Pretty interesting business as it turns out, but just not the type of thing I am likely to make light of till, oh say, June - if ever. Still, if any one would like to know the national average of any specific medical procedure involving pregnant ladies in Japan, I am your girl. In the meantime I have dug back in the archives a bit. A few weeks ago I was walking home from Shinjuku Gyeon with my friend Melody, who pointed out what a strange monument this is. I was mind-numbingly tired at the time, which is pretty usual these days, but why didn't I notice that ? Perhaps we have been here so long that it all seems perfectly logical to me. She's right of course, it is totally bizarre. Apparently as I was photographing my 516th cherry blossom in the park that day, Melody was in a restroom (designated for the elderly, pregnant and disabled) photographing a sign that read "when the lights go out, move your arms and legs "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment