Friday, February 16, 2007

Blooming


These were both taken last weekend, but I don't think I have grown that much since then. Some weeks, whoa, you can really see a difference. It is so nice when it warms up here, which it does on occasional sweet brief moments, and I then I don't have to lumber around in a huge coat. My coats quit fitting very early on, which was kind of surprising, so when it began to get really cold, I bought a parka that is cut like a kimono and can adjust with my growing belly. Handy but Oh so unattractive.
As for the cherry blossoms, I know I should resist the temptation to share them so early in the season, but they are just irresistible. These first brave blossoms are greeted like royalty. The crowds gather with their absurdly long lenses and I am drawn right in there with them, (albeit with a significantly smaller camera) strangely compelled to add to my own horticultural catalogue.

1 comment:

amcam said...

Hey Baby!