Wednesday, June 27, 2007

the big 1/12th





Marlena was one month old today, and sort of keeping to tradition we took her for her first shrine visit, which is called 'Miyamairi'. Actually, if we were really keeping to tradition I believe this would be her first time out of the house, and the first place we would take her would be to a Shinto shrine to express gratitude and ask the priests to pray for her health and happiness. She has been out of the house a fair amount, and we did not involve any priests, but we did get her all gussied up and headed to Meiji Jingu. We took loads of photos and I said a few words of thanks to the powers that be for a safe delivery and healthy Marlena. I do remember putting in a request for an 'easy delivery' as well at some stage .. but I decided not to bring that up and instead prayed for Marlena's continued health, and maybe, please, a little less gas.

3 comments:

owainsoldestsisterinlaw said...

お祝い及び多くの天恵!

K. said...

Dear Jolie & family,

Congratulations! I have been following along with your journey and really enjoying your pictures and thoughts. You look fantastic and the baby Marlena is beautiful.
Kim (a friend of Shauna's)

themaingang said...

I came across your blog by accident but am enjoying it very much. Great photos.