Friday, April 18, 2008

joozu (skillful ) desu

I went out yesterday - at night, with my husband. It was fun.

I think I have been out after dark in Tokyo about 3 times since Marlena was born - and I love Tokyo at night. Bland little streets suddenly light up with neon and lanterns and intrigue. We followed one to a tiny, tiny little German bar with a great big German owner and generous plates of sausages and schnitzels. Were the place not so small and the owner not so imposing I would have taken a picture. Marlena (at home with a babysitter) slept through the whole thing. We have recently discovered if left to her own devices she will sleep straight through the night. YAY. So we just might be getting out a whole lot more. Perhaps all those early night sleep routines are about to pay off ? Oh, the possibilities ! In the meantime back in the flat for yet another rainy day Marlena just got a new set of wheels and she seems rather pleased ...



In fairness she can actually get going very fast when she is not wedged in against a wall - basically too fast for me to catch on video.

2 comments:

amcam said...

joozu desu to the malenaest max!

annabelle said...

Woo-hooo! Go M go!