Tuesday, May 13, 2008

more Aunt Kerry






Kerry was here last week for 6 days only... and all she wanted to do was PLAY. So play we did, we slide and swung and even flew on elephants ! ( Kerry has those pictures ) And pet real live animals at the zoo. While there was no petting going on Marlena had a very close encounter with a gorilla at the zoo which was pretty intense. The gorilla crossed the enclosure and came and sat right by the glass and looked straight at Marlena. We were too awed to take photos. I could hear the people around us murmur "akachan... akachan" ( baby ... something, something... baby ). Even though there was a giant sheet of glass between us a couple of times I had to stand up and pull Marlena away because it was a kind of unnerving. It was like something out of a movie ! The goats perhaps were less intrigued by Marlena, and she did not exactly know what to think of them.. but I do know she LOVES her Aunt Kerry !

No comments: