
On Tuesday we made sure all the babes were well looked after and headed out with a tourist map and some vague ideas for a full day of sightseeing. First to little India, to check out the wet market and go sari shopping. And then for lunch and tacky stall browsing in Chinatown. I have wanted to explore these areas for such a long time. And there is plenty more exploring there to do, but I would say we had a very successful day. We did indeed buy some lovely Indian garments and managed to have them tailored on the spot. Many of the dresses we saw were gorgeous - made with such beautiful materials - nothing like the Indian textiles I have seen Camden or NYC flea markets. I am very pleased we actually bought something, but probably the biggest treat of the day was wandering inside two intriguing and very different temples.



1 comment:
our mother looks like she's in her twenties! what are your feeding her? baby kisses?
Post a Comment