Friday, June 03, 2011
first hair cut
So far my approach in parenting M has pretty much been to wait until the poor kid is so desperate I can put it off no longer. And so it goes M had her first haircut today. I briefly tried to convince her we should stay home and decorate the most excellent cardboard boxes I plundered from someone moving into the building. But no, the girl wanted her hair cut. Walking up to the place, I got a bit emotional for a moment, what if they cut off all her curls and they don't grow back ? But M loved every minute of it. When leaving (with her curls still in tact) I asked her what the best part was, and overwhelmed she whispered 'the whole thing'. Oh boy, such a girlie girl. She has been so into her friends of late, we have not had many 'Mama and M' outings. So we made an afternoon of it stopping for dumplings and shopping for sparkly shoes. Such a wonderfully sweet time, hard to say who was happier.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Yea for Mama + M outings! I can't believe it was M's first haircut... though I DO believe the tears. Did you scrape the floor to save some hair for nostalgia? I was the crazy mom scooping it off the floor with both kids. She looks lovely - and I'd love a shot of the sparkly shoes, too! :)
very cute! thanks for the story.
thank heaven for the posts, for the pics and your very fine reportage. you know how it breaks my heart to miss so much of my granddaughter's life. not a natural thing at all. i savor every single picture and word.
Post a Comment